TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your contest entry is governed by these terms and conditions. Please take a few minutes to review these terms and conditions. Your entry into this contest constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, do not continue. Consider any advice you deem necessary.
You and Monashee Media Inc. (“Monashee”) agree as follows:
End Date of Contest
- The Journal of Mountain Hunting contest (the “Contest”) is carried on by Monashee and will end on July 12th, 2017 at 11:59 PM PST (the “End Date”)
- The Contest is open only to individuals over the age of majority in their respective province, Territory, or state of residence at the time of entry and where these Terms and Conditions are legal and no part is prohibited by law or illegal.
- Monashee is not under any obligation to hold a license or register this Contest in its home jurisdiction and therefore does not have any license or registration.
- It is your sole responsible to ensure that you are legally eligible to enter into and win this Contest in your home jurisdiction.
How to Enter
- You may enter the Contest without purchase by submitting the following information to Monashee: (a) full legal name; (b) address of residence; (c) telephone and email address; and (d) a statement that you wish to enter the Contest, on or before the End Date. To enter without purchase please mail the required information to Monashee Media Inc., 765 Crozier Ave, Kelowna, BC V1W 5B2.
- You will be automatically entered to win the Contest if you pre-order a copy of our magazine as set out at: https://journalofmountainhunting.com/
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest or any prize, and a purchase will not increase the odds of your winning.
- There is a limit of one entry per person regardless of method of entry. Multiple entries from the same person will all be voided.
Prizes, Draw, and Winning
- Each Prize will be available to be won on the business day after the End Date (the “Draw Date”). At the Draw Date a random drawing from all eligible entries will be held by Monashee. The first entrant whose entry form is drawn on the Draw Date and who otherwise complies with these Terms and Conditions will be eligible to win a Prize. Three entrants will be drawn to win and each winner will win one Prize as decided solely by Monashee. The chance of being selected will depend on the number of eligible entries received corresponding to the relevant Draw Date.
- Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
- All taxes and other fees for prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
- Monashee reserves the right to substitute any Prize with any other Prize or other gift, regardless of value, at any time. You may not opt to have cash or any other substitution of any prize without the consent of Monashee which may be unreasonably withheld.
- Monashee will make reasonable efforts to contact potential winners by telephone (if telephone number provided) and/or email within ten (10) business days following the Draw Date. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the time specified above, does not complete the necessary eligibility forms (outlined below) within fourteen (14) days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn, does not correctly answer the skill-testing question, is not otherwise an eligible entrant, or does not otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will not win any prize. In this event, the prize will be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner.
- To claim a prize, a potential winner must comply with the these Terms and Conditions, must correctly answer unaided a time-limited skill-testing question administered by Monashee and must fill out and return a release form, including a publicity release, within fourteen (14) business days of his/her being informed of his/her name being drawn.
- You may not transfer any prizes to any person.
- In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the person identified on the entry submission and is otherwise eligible to win.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS
- By participating and entering the Contest, entrants agree:
- to hold Monashee, its shareholders, directors, employees, agents, contractors, divisions, affiliates, and assigns harmless against any claims, loss, liability, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of your acceptance, possession or use of a prize or your participation in this Contest; and
- if you win any prize, that Monashee may (unless prohibited by law) use the name, city of residence, and photograph, of any winner of the Contest for advertising and promotional purposes, without further review, consultation, or compensation, in any media, in perpetuity and worldwide.
- Monahsee is not responsible for any incomplete, lost, or late entries or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit or affect in any way an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest. Monahsee is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of the prizes.
- Monashee assumes no responsibility or liability for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions;
- any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest;
- any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Contest;
- inaccessibility or unavailability of any entry portals on any particular day; and
- any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Contest.
Disqualification, Modification, and Prohibitions
- Monashee reserves the right:
- to disqualify any entrant and void any entries of an entrant who has engaged in conduct of poor character, fraud, or other misconduct relative to this Contest or otherwise attempted to tamper with or impair this Contest; and
- to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, for any reason whatsoever.
- Use of any automated system including robotic, or form filling software to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance.
- Monashee also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in any manner Monashee deems to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- TAMPERING OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MONASHEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Monashee is not responsible for any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries, or for any electronic miscommunications or failures of any kind, which may limit your ability to participate in the Contest. All entries are Monashee’s property and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any lost, late, illegible, incomplete, falsified, destroyed, or failed entries will be disqualified
- The Contest and the Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia and the applicable federal laws of Canada. You attorn the exclusive jurisdiction of British Columbia.
- The failure of Monashee to insist upon the strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions hereof shall not constitute a waiver.
- These Terms and Conditions are the sole and entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein